|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Battle Mech, formerly called the "Mech", is a gear item (later a Support gadget) introduced in the 9.0.0 update in Pixel Gun 3D.
It is a heavily equipped robot. It has large iron legs, arms which dual-wield a weapon similar to the Mech Heavy Rifle, a robotic head and brown details, making it look like the first tier Mech (Wooden Mech). This is similar to the Battle Mech but the paint is silver, not camo like the Battle Mech.
The Mech fits the player into a suit of armor. The health count increases dramatically, equalling 6 normal health bars. When using the mech, the player receives two dual blasters. These blasters have unlimited ammo, and do large amounts of damage (21), enough to kill a player with armor in just a few shots. The Mech lasts two minutes, unless destroyed by another player or a monster.
- It deals 27 damage per second, making this gadget become devastating against weakened enemies.
- Aim wherever you want on the player, since killing a person, by aiming the head, will not result in a Headshot achievement.
- Note that your mobility decreases once you activate the Battle Mech, so activate it when there aren't situations where you need to escape in order to survive.
- You can also gain some extra mobility by activating the Jetpack before activating the Battle Mech, as the Jetpack will still be equipped, allowing you to use both at the same time.
- Use this when your health is low, because you will have extra survival time.
- When fighting Ghost Lantern spammers, you will need full health and armor points, or at least, almost full health and armor points, in order to survive against 1 ghost.
- Because the Mech is very devastating once it gets into range, avoid its shots and try remaining out of range so it can't hurt you.
- People inside the Mech have decreased mobility, so they are slightly slower on foot and lose the ability to double jump (granted they are equipped with the Ninja Tabi or the Berserk Boots). Use this to your advantage and equip weapons that grant higher mobility (most commonly these are Melee Weapons) or use gadgets like the Jetpack to evade users of the Battle Mech.
- Use weapons with high efficiency to take care of the mech quickly.
- Pick off its users from longer ranges where its less likely for them to hit you.
- Use the Disabler to prevent people whom are equipped with one from using it for eight seconds.
The Mech used to cost 21 for a pack of three. Like all of the gear, the player begins the game with 4 of each type (except for grenades) to use and test throughout their following matches. However, it became a pick-up along with the other gear items in the 10.3.0 update.
Later in the 11.1.0 update, it was purchasable again and no longer was a pick-up, but instead a gadget.
- Your height is increased in the Mech, as your point of view raises, and player have to aim higher to earn a successful headshot.
- Due to this, your hitbox is also increased.
- The Mech itself is resemblance to Power Armor from Fallout series.
- Oddly, being shot in the head in a Mech does extra damage to it.
- A player in a Mech is not killed when a Mech is destroyed, the Mech explodes, and the player is left unharmed. However survival in this situation is not likely as the destroyer is likely to kill the Mech user before they can react to losing it.
- Also, the health of the Mech is represented by "gears". Similar to Armor, they change color as they upgrade. Some parts of the Mech also changes color after each upgrade similar to Armor.
- As of the 9.4.0. update, the firing sounds were changed, they share the same firing sounds as the Predator.
- In the campaign map Megalopolis, there is a boss that resembles the Mech but with a different color scheme.
- It became a pick-up along with the other gear items in the 10.2.1 update. If a player previous had Mechs, they would be refunded 7 for each Mech they had.
- In the older versions, its description said that it was "The Ultimate Killing Machine", but later changed possibly because of its violent theme.
- As of the 11.1.0 update , this is now put in the Support section of the Gadgets section, and is also renamed to Battle Mech.
- Unlike its older counterpart, it has cooldowns to give balance in its use, much like any other gadgets added in the same update.
- It is in support section as the user becomes a distraction to about every foe in an active battle.
- It seems to be illogical that a Battle Mech can bleed and/or get poisoned.
- It appears in the Repair Bench.