The articles in this category describe game modes. If you want to see where the matches are played, see the category about maps.
In Pixel Gun, there are several game modes:
Pixel Gun 3D: There are game 5 modes players can play in Multiplayer: Deathmatch, Team Fight, Flag Capture, Point Capture and Duel. In these modes, players can join a map or make a game of their own. Games can be password protected, allowing only certain people to join.
Pixel Gun World: There are game 3 modes (4 modes if Duel was included, but it was removed) players can play in Multiplayer: Deathmatch, Team Fight and Flag Capture. In these modes, players join a map. Players can also create maps and some servers can be password protected, allowing only certain people to join. However, to make custom servers, players need to go to Training Battles, first.
The following is a brief synopsis on each game mode:
- Deathmatch is where players kill other players in order to have the most kills at the end of the match. There is also a PGW version of this mode. See Deathmatch (PGW).
- Team Fight is similar to Deathmatch except with 2 teams rather then individuals competing. There is also a PGW version of this mode. See Team Fight (PGW).
- Flag Capture is where 2 teams attempt to bring the other teams flag back to their own teams flag as many times and as quickly as possible. There is also a PGW version of this mode. See Flag Capture (PGW).
- Point Capture is where 2 teams have to conquer bases that generate points. The team which has more points when the time finishes, or reach 1000 points first, wins.
- Duel is where a player competes only 1 other player on a 2 minute match. Player with the most kills wins. There is also a PGW version of this mode. See Duel (PGW).
- Deathmatch, Team Battle and Flag Capture didn't have time before the 8.3.0 update.
- Team Battle, Flag Capture and Co-op Survival were all in 'Cooperative' however, the Multiplayer screen changed in the 8.0.0 update.
- Deathmatch was the first and only multiplayer mode in one of the oldest versions in Pixel Gun 3D.
- The Point Capture's icon was the only icon that was blue, others being yellow. In the 10.1.0 update, this icon became yellow, just like the other modes.
- As of the 12.0.0 update, Deadly Games, Co-op Survival, Campaign, Arena and Sandbox turned into Minigames.