|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
The Frag Grenade is a Throwing gadget introduced in the 8.0.0 update.
The Frag Grenade is a small and green bomb, which was manufactured with black grooves. It also has an iron/steel opener.
This gadget will blow your enemy apart to little pieces.
- The grenade can't reach very far distances, so use it to close to medium range.
- Use it when there are multiple players in one place, you will get multiple kills.
- When leveling up to a new tier, don't forget to upgrade it.
- Try aiming at the enemy's feet.
- Rocket Jump with a weak weapon like the Nuclear Revolver to avoid getting hurt.
- Use a Melee weapon which has 130 mobility or higher and run away when the Frag Grenade is about to reach at you.
- It is no longer an ammo based weapon where you must buy more. Instead, you start out with it and can upgrade it to do more damage, and has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
- 15 were equivalent to 5 grenades.
- This was equivalent to 3 per grenade.
- After 10.2.1 you had to pick them up or earn them from the Lucky Chest.
- In the 11.1.0 update, the Frag Grenade was removed from the Lucky Chest and is free, the Up1 version costs 75, 50 (on sale) and the Up2 version costs 75, 50(on sale).
- They are based off the MK 2 Grenade, sometimes called the "Iron Pineapple".
- They were the only pick up to be an explosive weapon.
- Although they say they have a 1.8 second detonation time, you can hold it for more than that and the time is for how long it takes to detonate once it is thrown.
- They can be used to Rocket Jump like with the other explosive weapons. In the case of the grenades, though, players have to wait for the grenade to explode after it is thrown. However, this can be difficult to perform, as the grenade may detonate in a random corner or it may kill you, which makes it not recommended to use grenades as a rocket jumper.
- They do not explode faster even they are thrown into a fire source.
- After update 9.0.0 of Pixel Gun 3D, they are significantly less bouncy, and the throws are more easily controlled.
- As you level up, the grenade gets upgraded. There are 5 upgrades. However, in recent updates, you must upgrade them for about 50 each.
- It became a pick-up along with the other gear items in the 10.2.0 update of Pixel Gun 3D.
- However, it was reintroduced as a non-pick-up in the 11.1.0 update.
- Shooting a thrown grenade will not cause it to explode.
- For some odd reason, if you were to throw a grenade at one of the golems at the last level in campaign, they will survive the blast.
- The maximum amount of grenades a player can hold is ten, unless they receive grenades from the Lucky Chest.
- In the 11.1.0 update, it became a gadget.
- Also it became upgrade-able in the same update, reminiscent of its old level-based upgrade system.
- As the 11.1.0 the pick up form was removed.