|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
This article is about the currency. For the former pick-up, see Gem (Removed Pick-Up).
The Gem is a form of currency. Gems were introduced in the 9.0.0 update as a premium currency.
Gems are used for buying gear, accessories and certain weapons. You can use gems to upgrade guns to Up2. Guns like the coin Toy Bomber's cost may turn into a gem cost if the player reached a certain level.
Gems can be spent on:
- All accessories, except for hats, the Maniac Mask, the Ninja Tabi, and the Cape Editor.
- One league item which is the Golden Secret Forces Rifle.
- Weapons, which are usually lethal or they provide other great advantages. Note that weapons that have the first form with a gem cost have a gem cost on their next forms.
- Some gadgets.
- The Lucky Chest.
- The Super Incubator.
- Leveling up pets to level 5 and level 6.
- Buying Tickets.
You can obtain a certain amount of gems by purchasing them via in-app purchase. If you want to earn gems without buying, here are all of the methods below.
- In the 9.0.0 update, as known as the update where the gems were introduced, they can be obtained (without buying) by leveling up (you earn a certain amount of gems depending on your current level) and by the Daily Prize Marathon (which is currently the Lucky Chest).
- As of the 10.0.0 update, RiliSoft implemented quests, with certain quests rewarding 10 and 1 (15 experience if you're not level 31).
- As of the 10.1.0 update, you can earn 10 each by logging in in Facebook and/or Twitter, a free gun called the Social Uzi, and a skin called Social Hero. You earn 10 by each connection, making a maximum of 20 obtainable via social media connections.
- As of the 10.2.0 update, the Lucky Chest, which was actually called Gift Box at that time, was another way to earn . You usually earn , etc. but sometimes, 3, 5, 10 or even 50 can be obtained.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, the advertisement-based free were replaced by , so watching the advertisements will give you 1 each, much like the old counterparts. 1 per advertisement based video. The maximum amount of you use to earn was 3.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, secret Campaign were introduced into Pixel Gun 3D. Instead of just finding in Campaign, you can also find .
- In the 10.6.0 update's multiplayer, there is a 1% chance of your victim dropping a . Obtain it before someone else does. Also, watch out for Fake Bonuses.
- In the 11.2.0 update, you can get 50 after reaching the Adamant League if you are in the top 100 players in the weekly Tournament, making collecting way easier, especially if you are a very active player in Pixel Gun 3D.
- Also, as of the 11.2.0 update, 3 take over as the number one possible amount of earned in the Lucky Chest. Plus, , along with , are the most likely things to be obtained from the Lucky Chest, but this only applies to Android devices. On iOS devices, sandbox gear, (especially Teddy Bears) are the most common things to get from the Lucky Chest.
The ongoing rate is roughly 8-10 gems for a dollar, with the larger packages having slightly better rates.
- In Dangerous Roads, there is a market stand full of gems on the blue team's side.
- As of the 10.5.0 update, when obtaining a , the sounds effect has been modified, making it not sounding the same as the's sound effect.
- In Mining Camp, on the team 1's side, there are two caverns that are used for mining gems.
- However, these the gems are for the background.
- It's possibly a reference that half of the weapons in Pixel Gun 3D cost gems.
- In the 11.1.0 update, the dropped gem has changed its texture to a new one. But then in the 11.2.0 update it changed back to the old texture due to the fact that players were seeing a difference between a dropped gem and a Fake Bonus.