|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Ghost Lantern is a Heavy weapon added in the 10.6.1 update.
The weapon takes the form of a lantern in the shape of the face of a purple ghost, with glowing green eyes on the top section and on the bottom section, and a handle on top.
When fired, the "mouth" opens and releases a blue ghost-like projectile, revealing extendable rods that act as the teeth of the lantern and contains a rotating orb, until it closes again.
It has massive damage, a slow fire rate, and low capacity, but has decent mobility. It's recommended for players between levels 12 and 36.
- Fire it at close ranges, as it's slow-moving projectile can be avoided at long ranges.
- Fire it in tight corridors, in maps such as Pool Party.
- The weapon is useful in guarding choke points, hallways, and specific points on the map, especially in Point Capture and Flag Capture maps, as the slow-moving projectile prevents attackers from proceeding.
- The ghost will disappear after a certain period of time, this is useful for covering an area from enemies.
- This weapon has a very slow fire rate so one has to do the quick swap exploit if one misses their shot.
- However, this exploit got fixed in the 12.5.0 update, where this weapon, if fired and the user switches back into it, there is a cool down to fire another shot.
- Bodyshots from this weapon became survivable in the 12.5.0 update, but there is still the exception for headshots.
- Use this to heavily weaken (or even destroy) enemy Mechs or Turrets.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- When the user fires the weapon, try to evade the path of the projectile, while also keeping an eye on the user.
- If engaged in a close quarter fight, try strafing around the user.
- Avoid getting trapped in areas where the ghost is heading, as the projectile can pass through objects.
- Always avoid tight hallways like the ones in Silent School, as this weapon has a massive hitbox. Try retreating before the ghost-like "bullet" reaches to you and kills you.
- In cramped hallways, you have a high chance of dying due to the massive hitbox and the quick swapping glitch. You may die, but if you want to get a kill, try using the Trapper, by aiming to the head.
- Use the Ninja Shurikens against its users.
- Try to attack from the side of the person as the Ghost lantern also doubles as a shield from projectile-based weapons like the Barrier Rifle, or the Laser Disc Thrower.
- Avoid even playing on maps like Silent School or Pool Party due to the fact that this weapon's projectiles have abnormally large hitboxes.
Golden Ghost Lantern:
|The purple details, the "teeth" and the handle of this weapon turn golden.||70
or obtained from the Lucky Chest.
Have a backup weapon, or a long ranged weapon ready when the weapon is fired.
- There is an error in the statistics, stating that the weapon has a capacity of 3, but in reality having 10 shots. Or, it has 1 shot per "clip" and 9 in reserve. This error has been fixed.
- The weapon has the slowest projectile speed of all weapons, despite having a fire rate of 52, faster than weapons including the Big Buddy and the Apocalypse.
- This weapon is another "Stolen" weapon, is based on the Ghost Lantern from The Legend Of Zelda.
- When fired, it fires a ghost-like projectile similar to the Ghast from the game Minecraft.
- It is one of only two Heavy weapons in the game to have the ability to fire through walls, the other being the Laser Minigun.
- After a while, the projectile will explode, dealing area damage and launches players back. The Area Damage trait, however, isn't listed in the weapon information.
- This weapon is one of the few weapons that can instantly kill a player. However, it is now not longer a garenteed one shot kill.
- This weapon can also kill a player if that player is very close to the projectile but not completely in its way.
- Despite the grade being Epic, it is still brought by most players.
- In the 12.5.0 update, this weapon was given a fire rate penalty as a solution to the 'swipe-firing' glitch, or the so-called 'quick switch'.
- This penalty doesn't only apply to this weapon, but others that also have long cooldowns per shot (e.g Big Buddy).
- In the same update, this weapon became survivable depending on its damage, but as usual, headshots instantly kill opponents.