|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The weapon takes the form of a lantern in the shape of the face of a purple ghost, with glowing green eyes on the top section and on the bottom section, and a handle on top.
When fired, the "mouth" opens and releases a blue ghost-like projectile, revealing extendable rods that act as the teeth of the lantern and contains an rotating orb, until it closes again.
It has massive damage, slow fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
- Fire the weapon at close range, as the slow-moving projectiles can be avoided at a range.
- Fire the weapon in tight corridors, in maps such as Pool Party.
- Switch to another weapon when fired, as the slow charging time can make a user vulnerable.
- The weapon is useful for guarding choke points, hallways, and specific points on the map, especially in Point Capture and Flag Capture maps, as the slow moving projectile prevents attackers from proceeding.
- The ghost will disappear after a certain period of time, this is useful for covering an area from enemies.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- When the user fires the weapon, try to evade the path of the projectile, while also keeping an eye on the user.
- If engaged in a close quarter fight, try strafing around the user.
- Avoid getting trapped in areas where the ghost is heading, as the projectile can pass through objects.
- Always avoid tight hallways like the ones in Silent School, as this weapon has a massive hitbox. Try retreating before the projectile finishes you off.
- In cramped hallways, you have a high chance of dying due to the massive hitbox and the quick swapping glitch. You may die, but if you want to get a kill, try weapons such as the Alien Blaster, by aiming to the head.
- In somewhat open areas, a player can use a weapon with the "Slows Down Target" attribute such as the Icicle Minigun Up2 and the Frost Beam Spell Up1 to prevent the user from approaching, making the ghosts very easy to dodge even with rapid fire.
- Use the Ninja Shurikens against its users.
- Using the Reflector kills its user as they kill you with it.
- Try to attack from the side of the user as the Ghost lantern also doubles as a shield from projectile-based weapons like the Barrier Rifle, or the Laser Disc Thrower.
- Use fast firing weapons such as Automatic Peacemaker.
- Avoid playing on maps like Silent School or Pool Party due to the projectiles have abnormally large hitbox.
Golden Ghost Lantern:
|The purple details, the "teeth" and the handle of this weapon turn golden.||70
or obtained from the Lucky Chest.
Have a back-up weapon, or a long ranged weapon ready when the weapon is fired.
- It can instant kill most Campaign Bosses, like the Tortured Prisoner
- The weapon has the slowest projectile speed of all weapons, despite having a fire rate of 52, faster then weapons including the Big Buddy and the Apocalypse.
- When fired, it fires a ghost-like projectile similar to the Ghast from the game Minecraft.
- This weapon is based off of the Ghost Lantern from The Legend Of Zelda.
- It is one of the two Heavy weapons in the game to have the ability to fire through walls, the other being the Laser Minigun.
- After a while, the projectile will explode, dealing area damage and throwing players back. The Area Damage attribute however, isn't listed in the weapon information.
- Even though this has area damage, it is still possible to register a kill as a headshot.
- As of the 11.0.0 update, it can no longer block projectiles, like the electric blasts from the Electromagnetic Cannon.
- Although it can't destroy player-made projectiles, it can still block mob-created projectiles.
- Despite it having a grade of Epic, it is used by many users.
- So far, it is one of the most used weapons in Pixel Gun 3D, when it especially comes into the higher leagues, considering it being a very powerful weapon, despite its disadvantages such as slow projectiles.
- The hitbox of the ghost projectiles from the Ghost Lantern, is actually slightly bigger than the actual ghost projectile itself.
- It seems to have been nerfed in the 12.5.0 update, despite the switch glitch being patched.