|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
Headshots are a game mechanic which occurs when a player's head hitbox is hit with another player's attack, doubling the damage. This is a very common game mechanic for FPS games.
It is hard to notice at first, however, the damaged player will emit a skull particle when someone lands a headshot.
Also, if a player is killed by a headshot, their killer will get the red, headshot killstreak and receives 15 additional points.
- Monsters can receive headshots as of the 10.0.7 update and above.
- Previously, melee weapons weren't able to do headshots.
- In an unknown update, the headshot particles were removed from the game, probably due to performance issues.
- Players won't simply die on a headshot. They can survive numerous headshots if the damage came from lower tier weapons or if they have armor. They won't if the weapon fired at them has really high damage output or ran out of health due to numerous headshots.
- Most Area Damage weapons cannot do headshots. As they are relying on splash damage other than accuracy.
- In most FPS games, headshots have a small hitbox, but in Pixel Gun 3D, the hitbox is rather large. Possibly due to the characters' head size.