|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Mercenary is a Backup weapon introduced in the 11.3.0 update.
It is a futuristic looking pistol which has an iron nozzle with a cyan laser, a light blue laser, 3 light blue stripes on the handle, a cyan iron sight, a laser, a black clip with a cyan detail and the rest of the gun is silver.
- If the player holds down the fire button it will fire a three-round burst, and continue to do so as long as the fire button is in use.
- If the player rapidly taps the fire button it will behave similar to an automatic rifle and increase the fire rate to that of the Swat Rifle, while being semi-automatic.
- Quickly tapping the button once releases only one shot compared to the burst of three from holding it.
- This gun is useful in taking down weakened targets with its moderate damage and fire rate and low recoil.
- Strafe around the player to avoid being shot by the weapon.
- Hide behind an object, or outflank the user.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- There is a similar version of this weapon, being a futuristic rifle, the Sub-zero.
- This gun's performance kind of resembles the exotic sidearm "Tresspasser" from Destiny Rise Of Iron.
- This, the Hydra, Semi Auto Sniper Rifle, Loud Piggy, and Double Dragon are the only weapons that can fire in bursts.