|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Mercenary is a Backup weapon introduced in the 11.3.0 update.
It is a futuristic looking pistol which has an iron muzzle with a cyan laser, a light blue laser, 3 light blue stripes on the grip, a cyan iron sight, a laser, a black magazine with a cyan detail and the rest of the gun is silver.
- If the player holds down the fire button it will fire a five-round burst, and continue to do so as long as the fire button is in use.
- If the player rapidly taps the fire button it will behave similar to an automatic rifle and increase the fire rate to that of the Swat Rifle, while being semi-automatic. However, this is not how the gun has been intended to be used.
- Quickly tapping the button once releases only one shot compared to the burst of 5 from holding it.
- This gun is useful in taking down weakened targets with its moderate damage and fire rate and low recoil.
- Strafe around the player to avoid being shot by the weapon.
- Hide behind an object, or outflank the user.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- This weapon usually runs out of ammo very quickly, so higher ammo capacity weapon could easily outlast these players on a head to head duel.
- This weapon is a decently good backup, made to actually be a backup type weapon where it is used in emergency situations, sometimes substituting the primary weapon of choice. This weapon won't really be able to replace your primary entirely and it lacks the ability to be used in long-range, therefore have other weapons to use in times where this weapon cannot.
- There is a similar version of this weapon, being a futuristic rifle, the Sub-zero.
- This gun's performance kind of resembles the exotic sidearm "Tresspasser" from Destiny Rise Of Iron.
- This, the Champion Mercenary, Semi Auto Sniper Rifle, and Fast Death are the only weapons that can burst-fire/semi-auto.
- The Champion Mercenary is a re-skinned, more powerful version of this gun.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon has been given a combat level of 10.