|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
The Photon Shotgun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 10.0.0 update.
It is a futuristic shotgun with a clip and what seems to be a collapsable stock. Its main color is a rust-like color while the rest is a mixture of gold and steel.
It has good damage, medium rate of fire, low capacity, and average mobility. It can also do burning damage which is good for finishing off wounded targets.
- Use this to severely damage heavily armored players and/or to deal a group of enemies.
- Only use it on point blank and in close range as it becomes inaccurate upon the first shot.
- If the enemy is injured, use this at medium ranges and the burning will finish off the enemy.
- Combine the weapon with a rapid-firing weapon to finish off your retreating weakened victim.
- Avoid maps that are mostly long range, since this is a shotgun and it is incapable of tearing enemy players in long range. Use this in short-ranged maps more often.
- As it had the burning trait, use this weapon to heavily damage a target and finish them off with a preferred weapon.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- If engaged in a close range combat while your target is wielding this, try to knock them back away from you and finish them off quickly as possible. You can also rocket jump away from them and finish them off.
Have a weapon with long range to fight off enemies from long ranges.
- The Photon Shotgun itself bears a small similar appearance to the M45 shotgun from the Halo franchise.
- Photon is energy, that means the Photon Shotgun could count as an energy shotgun.
- This is the only Primary weapon and a shotgun weapon to have the 'Burning' trait.
- It also has a pistol form which doesn't look really similar to the Photon Shotgun, it is the Photon Pistol.
- It also has a sniper form which does look quite similar to the Photon Shotgun, it is the Photon Sniper Rifle.
- As of the 12.5.0 update, it was removed from the Lucky Chest.