|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Poison Hunter (PGW).
The Poison Hunter is a Sniper weapon added in the 10.3.0 update.
AppearanceIt is a dart rifle outfitted with a x10 zoom scope, the clip is made out of a cylinder filled with 8 darts arranged in a bullpup design, the barrel is wrapped in green cloth with a pair of dog tags or feathers dangling on the barrel.
It has average lethality, high rate of fire, low capacity, and average mobility.
- Due to its high damage output. It can take out your targets quickly.
- Conserve ammo due to its low capacity, so aim carefully.
- Due to its Poison Shots trait, it can deal more damage than the projectile itself.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Fight at medium range or higher for a less complicated duel.
- Paired with the Sniper set, it can take out an Adamant-armored player in 3 headshots, assuming they are consecutive.
- Due to its low ammo capacity, users need to reload frequently, which make them open for attacks.
- Area damage weapons easily pickoff its users as the blasts mess with their aim.
Equip a much more mobile weapon to find sniping locations fast, like the Katana Up1.
- The Poison Hunter shares a massive similarity to the "Sydney Sleeper" from Team Fortress 2; both are "dart guns" that are used as a sniper rifle, the only difference between the two weapons is that the scope of the Sydney Sleeper is nearly as long as the barrel of the gun, and will apply Jarate.
- It was the first sniper weapon that deals damage over time, the second one being the Photon Sniper Rifle.
- This and the Wyvern are the only Snipers that possess the Poison attribute.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon has been buffed to where it now has an efficiency of 22 and a maximum efficiency of 24. It's combat levels are 11 and 12.