|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Prototype (PGW).
The Prototype, formerly known as the "Prototype-PSR 1", is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 5.3.0 update.
It has a grey body, with an orange battery. The energy source in the barrel is neon purple, with two spring-loaded rings around it. There is a silver "1" painted on it. Possibly markings from its manufacturer.
The Prototype has a high damage output, low capacity, low-to-moderate rate of fire, and low mobility.
- The Prototype holds 4 charges in the battery, with an additional 8 charges in reserve. This can be maxed out to 16 charges in reserve. It comes with a 4x zoom scope. It is also one of the strongest sniping weapons in the game.
- This weapon has a slow rate of fire, and does incredible damage at any distance, making a very high chance of a one-hit kill from this gun.
- Due to the fact it shoots through all objects, this means the shot can travel through walls, as well as multiple targets in a straight line.
- This gun is best used at long range, but also very good for no-scoping, due to a medium-size hitbox.
- It is recommended to use this weapon in Sniper Forts because it has a slow fire rate, and if not in sniper forts people can just kill you with an automatic weapon or a shotgun.
- The Prototype has a slow fire rate, therefore, you should use automatic and powerful weapons (usually from the primary section) to shoot at the prototype user. You've got to move around rapidly while shooting. If you don't move around rapidly and shoot rapidly, the enemy can easily prevail.
- Use a weapon with high mobility to ambush the enemy at close range so the enemy cannot shoot you easily due to slow fire rate on Prototype. (for example a melee weapon)
- Due to the low fire rate, it is recommended to use the Prototype in long ranges. In close range, its users can be overwhelmed by automatic weapons or shotguns. As it has long cooldown between shots.
- Ambush its users to easily deal with them.
- Explosive weaponry does mess with the user's aim whilst damaging them.
- If the Prototype is being used by at least one player, do not stand still, because you will never know when a player will shoot you with the gun, or pick you off with wall break.
|Basically the silver parts of this form are replaced with golden encrust. Instead of the "1" symbol, it puts G, indicated as an abbreviation of "Gold" or "Golden".||120
or obtained from the Lucky Chest.
Carry around a high-mobility weapon to easily traverse around the map and finding sniping spots.
Note: This history is fictional.
Through Gordon's research, he and his team discovered a portal-creating element (unofficially named 'portal crystal'), which they found fascinating and somehow weaponized it, and the Prototype was born in Area 52.
- It was the first railgun-type sniper rifle introduced into the game with wallbreaking and piercing abilities. Since then, many other similar-ability weapons such as its much more expensive successor the Anti-Hero Rifle and a backup in the form of the Exterminator have been introduced, however this weapon still holds a place in many veteran players' hearts over its modern versions purely for nostalgic purposes.
- Along with other weapons, even though this gun deals maximum damage, it cannot kill certain mobs or bosses in Campaign or Arena in one shot.
- It is unknown what kind of weapon it's based off of, but the PSR-1 could be a reference to Call of Duty: Black Ops II's Storm PSR (Piercing Sniper Rifle). It also shows some similarity to the Promethean Rifle from "Halo". The general community consensus is that it stands for Plasma Sniper Rifle.
- If done right, it is possible to miss an enemy but still kill them, assuming they hit the beam fast enough (~1 second or less).
- This weapon kills instantly regardless as to whether you get a body or headshot for certain armor levels.
- It is currently a top seller in the Armory.
- Before the 9.3.0. update, each time the gun had fired, a light blue box pops out of the receiver, and the player pushes the box back in. However, that action was removed and the action is only seen while reloading.
- The beam that the Prototype shoots out stays mid-air. This also happens to the Laser Minigun beam.
- In the 8.0.0 update, it received 2 upgrades.
- A character named Gordon "originally" invented this weapon. According to its lore.
- Enemies killed by the Prototype suffer a distinctive death by vaporization, where they are frozen in place and disintegrate into purple colored particles.
- It is the only gun with a golden skin that changes the gun texture when upgrading the gun, even without the golden skin.
- However, if the Automatic Peacemaker and the Steam Revolver still had their former processors, the same explanation from the Prototype.
- Its upgrades were removed in the 12.5.0 update, meaning that it now retains its original '1' weapon skin permanently (unless the gold skin is equipped).
- It is unknown what exactly it is a prototype of.
- It has an upgraded version called the Prototype S, however, this is more like a re-skin than an upgrade.
- In the 13.5.0 update, this weapon has been changed to where it now has an initial efficiency of 19 and a fixed combat level of 8.
- Previous owners of this weapon will see that they're prototype got buffed to have a 27 efficiency.