The Rocket Jump is a tactic that can be performed by any player with a weapon that has a push effect in Pixel Gun 3D. Using this tactic, players can gain the upper hand in maps with varying heights of buildings or structures. It can be useful in many ways.
The Rocket Jump can performed with many weapons with area damage weapons, but many can be found in the Premium section of shop. Examples are the Anti-Gravity Blaster, Apocalypse, and Signal Pistol, as well as others such as the Plasma Releaser.
These items are optional for performing a rocket jump. However, they can do aid in doing this technique:
- Ninja Tabi and Berserk Boots: This items allows for users to double jump, which can be used to add distance to a rocket jump.
- Storm Trooper Boots and Demolition Boots: Both increase height in each jump for better effectiveness in rocket jumping.
- King's Crown and Ruby Helmet: This helmet reduces self-explosive damage by 25% while the Ruby Helmet reduces it by 50%.
- Lightning Boots (Removed): These boots increase movement speed by 10%, increasing the vertical distance in a rocket jump.
- Great Samurai Helmet: This helmet increases jumping height by 5%, adding distance to rocket jumps.
- Winged Boots (Removed): These boots increase jumping height by 20%, allowing for higher rocket jumps.
- Potion of Anti-Gravity (Removed): This potion reduces the Earth's gravity by 25%, allowing for bigger rocket jumps.
- Potion of Haste (Removed): This potion increase movement speed by 25%. It doesn't aid in horizontal distance, but it definitely aids in vertical distance.
MethodThe Rocket Jump is a very simple tactic to use. All that is required is that the player stand next to their intended structure they wish to jump on to.Next, aim the weapon to the ground. Finally, and this part is the trickiest, you must jump, and while in the air, fire your weapon at the ground.
The concussion from the weapons explosion will launch you up into the sky, allowing for you to find your structure and move to it in the air. However, the height will only remain for a few seconds, so it is best to already be near your intended jump target when performing this.
The jump-while-firing step is the hardest part of the whole thing. If you fire the weapon too soon or too late, you will end up killing yourself with your own weapon.
This tactic is best used in maps that have different heights, such as Parkour City, Science Lab, Slender Forest, Ant's Life, and Space Station. However, this can also be applied to other maps like Arabian Dust and Sky Islands, allowing for players to jump to the top of the mountain, or to the rooftops of buildings. It also allows users to get out of the map, allowing them to use magic weapons to take out other users, and they would not know where the person is. Remember, though... It can be used in Warehouse Assault as well to jump on top of the entire warehouse structure. Beware, though... Few players can do this, but they can jump up on top with Ninja Tabi . You can also get to the top of Bridge with rocket jump to snipe down enemies. If you Rocket jump at Cemetery you can get on top of the church and snipe enemies coming from the maze.
- The method is similar to the Soldier's and Demoman's from TF2 trademark ability to "rocket jump" , the same tactic (aiming down, jump and firing the weapon to reach any part of the map at the cost of some health).
- Weapons with area damage such as the Sparkly Blaster do not give the user the ability to rocket jump as it has no knockback or self-damage.