|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Sniper Rifle (PGW).
It has a wooden gun base and shoulder stock, with a metal barrel and scope. It is an unusually long gun.
It has a 10x scope. It deals with average damage for lower levels, however, it has a low firing rate, such as to be expected from a sniper weapon.
- Use the scope to your advantage. The Sniper Rifle has a low rate of fire, so maximizing damage per shot is crucial.
- Only attack unaware opponents. This weapon cannot instantly kill an enemy player from full health, meaning that he can retaliate before you can finish the job. Even on unarmored players, two headshots are necessary.
- This weapon doesn't generate a tracer and has a quieter firing sound, meaning that you can stay undetected at the cost of damage output.
- This weapon doesn't have a high magazine size. It's important to reload when the moment is right, such as after the player has killed all the opponents in the area.
- Ambush the user at close range, where this weapon is weakest.
- Once the opponent has emptied the magazine of 5 rounds, which will usually happen rather fast when the opponent is reloading, its the best time to fire back without fear of retaliation, as the reload time is quite long.
- If you're hit once, then be sure to strike back before the user can shoot again and kill you. Pick an alternate route and ambush if you can.
- Users looking down their scopes tend to become complacent. This makes them easier to ambush.
- Due to bad efficiency and reload time, use a high damage weapon to kill the player.
The player should come equipped with a primary and secondary firearm, as the sniper rifle can take a long time to reload, leaving the player exposed to attacks both from snipers and players attacking from behind. If the player were to run out of ammo during a battle, its advised to carefully approach opponents with a powerful weapon, as some enemies are equipped with very powerful sniper rifles, and can down you easily if you cannot respond in kind.
- It seems to be based on the M40A1 sniper rifle.
- This weapon combines both the Guerrilla Rifle M2's medium-high damage and the Brutal Headhunter's low fire rate, making this an in-between weapon.
- It was featured in a promo on Pixel Gun 3D's Facebook page as a WWII weapon, here.
- You can see your hand operating the bolt after each shot.
- It used to be a weapon that's only used in Campaign and Deadly Games, now ever since the 9.0.4 update came out, it is a starter weapon in the Special section and it could also be used in any mode with the exception of Sandbox and Knife Party.
- In the 10.2.0 update, it has been moved to the Sniper category.
- This weapon can be seen at Christmas Dinner.
- In some modes/minigames, the Sniper Rifle can be occasionally found as a pick-up.