|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Solar Ray Rifle (PGW).
The Solar Ray Rifle is a Special weapon introduced in the 9.1.0 update.
It has a gray base with a yellow stock in the back, a yellow handle, a yellow ammo pack, and three yellow rings covering the sides of the near front of it. There is a big, blue mirror crystal with two white glass magnifiers in front of it, one that is large with a red crosshair and another one that is smaller with a red dot.
When fired, it will fire a yellow laser beam.
It has good lethality, a good rate of fire, good mobility, and a small along with a reasonable capacity.
- Conserve ammo, the ammo on this weapon goes down extremely quickly.
- When attacking enemies who are spread out from each other, do not fire the weapon when not aiming at a target, or you'll have to reload and/or you'll be running out of ammo quickly.
- Use this against very mobile targets.
- It doesn't have a lot of ammo, move quickly or rocket jump to drain the user's ammo.
- Ambush the enemy and strafe him/her while not stopping and, if recommended, rocket jump to quickly kill the enemy.
- It can't hold much more ammo (35), so this gun is not useful for killing turrets.
It is easy to run out of ammo, so carry another strong weapon when either reloading in heavy fire or when searching for ammo.
- This weapon can provide very solid individual gameplay and kills at lower levels. In higher levels, this would serve better as a support weapon, perhaps finishing off weakened enemies when they try to flee. Its decent accuracy paired with little to no recoil could be used to take out highly mobile enemies in the hands of a skilled player or to kill off enemies who resort to running away very often. Always carry with you some decent mid-long ranged weapons, as it is fairly easy for anyone to finish off this weapon's ammo supply and this weapon does not always perform very well when used as your primary weapon in matches.
- The gun would be impossible to aim in reality due to the big, blue mirror crystal obstructing the sights.
- It has a stronger counterpart named Void Ray Rifle.